Does my hair fall out in autumn?
Seasonal Hair Shedding
Yes, it's common for many people to experience increased hair shedding during the autumn months. This phenomenon is known as "seasonal hair shedding" and is considered a normal part of the hair growth cycle.
During the natural hair growth cycle, individual hair follicles go through stages of growth, transition, and rest. At any given time, a certain percentage of hair follicles are in the resting phase, and after a period of rest, they shed to make way for new hair growth.
Why does our hair shed more in Autumn?
Several factors contribute to the increase in hair shedding during the autumn months:
- Telogen Effluvium: This is a common type of temporary hair shedding that can be triggered by various factors, including changes in the environment, stress, and hormonal fluctuations. Seasonal changes, such as the transition from summer to autumn, can be a trigger for some individuals.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal fluctuations can play a role in hair shedding. Changes in daylight and temperature during the autumn months can affect hormone levels, potentially contributing to increased hair shedding.
- Sun Exposure: During the summer, increased sun exposure can lead to a protective thickening of the hair shaft. As the hair transitions into the autumn season with less sun exposure, some of this thicker hair may shed.
- Nutritional Factors: Diet can impact hair health. Changes in diet during the autumn months, such as a shift from summer fruits to more autumnal foods, can affect the nutrients available to support hair growth.
- Stress: The change in routine, such as back-to-school or work after the summer break, can induce stress and affect the hair growth cycle.
Seeking medical advice for hair shedding
It's important to note that while increased shedding may be noticeable, it's typically temporary and part of the body's natural process. Most people will see regrowth in the months following the shedding phase. If you're concerned about excessive hair loss or changes in your hair, it's a good idea to consult with a dermatologist or healthcare professional to rule out any underlying issues and receive appropriate guidance.
Quick fixes for shedding hair
Are you experiencing thinner, finer hair as we move into autumn? Side filler hair extensions are taking the beauty world by storm, offering a quick and easy way to add volume exactly where you want it. Whether you have fine or thin hair that could use a boost or you simply crave a bit more oomph for that special occasion, the careful application of hair extensions at the sides of your head, where thinning hair is most likely to present itself, can help regain confidence.
Side filler hair extensions are all about precision. Rather than covering your entire head, these extensions target specific areas where you want to amp up the volume. Think of them as your secret weapon to achieve that voluminous, Instagram-worthy look. These extensions seamlessly blend with your natural hair, creating a harmonious, undetectable blend that adds depth and dimension without overpowering your overall style.
One of the key advantages of side filler extensions is their versatility. Whether you desire extra volume around the crown, more thickness in your side-swept bangs, or want to create a captivating cascade of hair for an event, side filler extensions can be tailored to your unique needs. Plus, they're easy to install and remove, making them a fabulous option for both everyday wear and special occasions. The most common method to achieve this are tape extensions, but nano extensions and prebonded extensions can be equally as discreet.
Talk to your hairstylist today and direct them to Hair Rehab London, where we can talk then through our huge range of side filler extensions and hand-blended shades.