Top Ten Tips for getting rid of thin hair.
There are many causes for fine, thinning hair. Find out how the experts handle hair thinning and get our top ten tips for thicker hair.
If you're concerned about fine, thinning hair, the best thing to do is to talk to a specialist. They will be able to give you advice on the best course of action for your specific situation.
Here are our top ten tips for thicker hair:
- Make sure you're eating a balanced diet, with plenty of protein and healthy fats. Try a dietary supplement specifically designed for hair health.
- Take care of your scalp with regular cleansing and exfoliation and try a thickening shampoo and conditioner, remember to ensure it is free from sulphates and/ or sodium chloride if you wear hair extensions. Using a protein treatment on thinning hair can help make it appear thicker.
- Don't over-wash your hair, as this can strip it of natural oils.
- Get regular trims, to avoid split ends and breakage.
- Invest in a good quality brush and comb.
- Avoid tight hairstyles that can pull on your hair and cause breakage
- Use a volumizing spray or mousse when styling your hair.
- Avoid heat damage by using heat-protection products and limiting your use of hot tools.
- Protect your hair from the sun with a hat or scarf.
- If you're concerned about fine, thinning hair, talk to a specialist for advice.
Fine, thinning hair can be a frustrating and confidence-sapping problem. But wearing the right type of hair extensions for your hair type can actually help to give the appearance of thicker hair. Talk to your hair extensions specialist about the best type of extensions for your hair. Find a hair extension specialist in your area here.
Hair Rehab London offer tape extensions in a wide range of shades including blondes, brunettes, balayage and rooted and come in 14", 18" and 22" lengths.
What products have you found to be the best at tacking thin and fine hair?